Northern Nebraska AHEC helps young people and career-changing adults gain access to education and become their community's health professionals. People who come from communities where there are not enough healthcare providers are more likely to work in health workforce shortage areas upon completion of their health professional education. So, we focus our activities on underserved populations.
Health career promotion activities include:
- Delivery of extensive health careers' information through classroom presentations, career fairs, health fair exhibits, and health puppet shows.
- Introduction to the many health career resources available such as:
- Click Here to view Careers in Health PDF
- Enrollment in multi-contact enrichment programs, such as Summer Camps, Mentoring Programs, and Medical Explorer Posts, to improve a student's competitive edge for admission into a health professions education program.
- Opportunities for Job Shadowing
- Career awareness materials including, coloring books, coloring sheets, health career videos and DVD's.